If you live in the United Kingdom but are not a British Citizen, you can apply for a partner visa extension which will allow you to stay in the UK for an extended period with your partner.
To ensure that you can prepare yourself for applying for a partner visa extension, we have provided a quick guide below.
What Are Partner Visa Extensions?
Created for non-EAA citizens, partner visa extensions are visa extensions issued to individuals that wish to remain in the United Kingdom with their spouse.
Typically, if a partner visa extension is accepted, individuals applying will be permitted to remain in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland for an additional 30 months.
Following the expiration of the partner visa extensions, non-EEA citizens will have the ability to apply for indefinite leave to remain status. If granted, this status essentially means that individuals who secure partner visa extensions can indefinitely stay in the United Kingdom.
Who Can Apply For A Partner Visa Extension?
If you are hoping to apply for a partner visa extension, you can do so as long as you can adhere to the following requirements.
- You must be able to prove that you are either in a relationship with a UK or British Citizen or are married to UK or British Citizen
- You must be able to prove that you are in a relationship with an individual who has been granted indefinite leave to remain status
- You must be able to prove that you and your partner have been in a relationship or marriage for at least two years
- You must be able to prove that you have excellent English language skills
- You must be able to prove that you and your partner have a combined yearly income that exceeds £18,600
- You must prove that you and your partner intend to live together in the United Kingdom permanently
How Do I Apply For A Partner Visa Extension?
If you currently reside in the United Kingdom, you can apply for a partner visa extension via the Government’s visa and immigration service here.
At Murria Solicitors, we highly recommend that you apply for your partner visa extension at least eight weeks before your current visa is set to expire.
This will ensure that your visa extension can be processed and granted before you are due to leave the United Kingdom.
Let Us Help You
If you are hoping to apply for a partner visa extension, our immigration solicitors can assist you.
Although we recommend applying for your partner visa extension at least eight weeks before your visa is set to expire, we would ask you to consider contacting us sooner rather than later if you wish to seek our help.
Not only will this ensure that we can offer you support and guidance, but it will allow us to assist you when the time comes for you to submit your partner visa application.
To discuss the application requirements of a UK partner visa or a partner visa extension with our expert solicitors, please call us today on 0333 800 0033.