The Commercial team at Murria Solicitors have extensive experience in all aspects of insolvency and we can advise both individuals and companies on the implications of insolvency and personal bankruptcy.
We offer individuals practical and sympathetic advice on how best to deal with creditors. We can also advise on the effects of the most recent insolvency legislation, and options available to the individual and companies other than bankruptcy and insolvency.
We offer advice as to how to deal with trustees in bankruptcy in respect of claims for undervalue transactions, preferences , problems relating to matrimonial homes, and how to apply for Individual Voluntary arrangements.
For companies, we offer prompt and helpful advice on the following areas:
- how to go into administration, including the appointment of office holders and sales of business and assets (whether via a ‘pre-pack’ arrangement or in the standard course of the administration)
- liquidations, whether via a voluntary process of the company or as a result of creditor action, but always with the focus on asset recovery
- restructurings, both solvent and insolvent companies
- Directors Disqualifications
- the implementation and operation of company voluntary arrangements
- validation orders
- resurrecting struck off companies
- claims for undervalue transactions , preferences, wrongful and fraudulent trading against directors
Our comprehensive understanding of the range of practical and economic issues surrounding insolvency and bankruptcy allow us to advise you as to the best ways under the current legislation to ensure that your company is in the best possible shape for the future.