We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
The person with overall responsibility for handling complaints is our Mr Galwinder Singh Kang, who is a Director. He will be assisted by our Practice Manager.
Our complaints procedure
Our preferred method of communication is email.
If you have a complaint, please send full details of the complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to send an email, please write to Mr G S Kang, Murria Solicitors, Court Chambers, 180 Corporation Street, Birmingham B4 6UD.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and may ask you to confirm or explain aspects of it. You can expect to receive our letter within 2 working days of us receiving your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our central register and open a separate file for your complaint.
- We will acknowledge your reply to our acknowledgement letter and confirm what will happen next. You can expect to hear from us within 2 working days of your reply.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps.
- We will ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to your complaint within 5 days.
- Mr Kang, or our Practice Manager, will then examine their reply and the information in your complaint file and, if necessary, he may also speak to them. This will take up to 3 days from receiving their reply and the file.
- Within 3 days, we will contact you to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint.
- Within 2 days of the discussion, we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions agreed with you. If it is not possible to discuss the matter, we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include our suggestions for resolving the matter. We will do this within 5 days of completing the investigation.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you contact us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen by another Director of the firm reviewing the decision within 10 days.
- We will let you know the result of the review within five days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
- If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, you can ask the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ (t) 0300 555 0333, (e) email@example.com, (w) www.legalombudsman.org.uk to consider the complaint. Normally you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us.