Murria Solicitors are committed to providing you with specialist legal advice and excellent levels of service in a professional, approachable and caring manner. Our client charter explains what you can expect from us and what we need from you to ensure your matter runs smoothly:
We are proud to have achieved the following Practice Management accreditations from The Law Society and we ensure that we work to these quality standards:
- Conveyancing Quality Scheme
- Wills & Inheritance Quality Scheme
- Criminal Litigation
- Immigration & Asylum
- Tell you who the person is dealing with your matter and how to contact them. We will keep you informed of any changes.
- Communicate with you in plain English and keep legal jargon to a minimum.
- Explain to you the legal work that is needed and the options for dealing with them.
- Progress your matter as quickly as reasonably possible.
- Deal with your enquiries and communications as quickly as possible. We will endeavour to return telephone calls the same day and reply to letters and emails within two working days.
- Advise you on the options available to you and what we recommend to be your best of course of action.
Clear Costs Information
- At the start of your matter we will establish with you the pricing option that is most suited to your requirements e.g. fixed fee, hourly rate, no win no fee.
- We will keep you informed of the likely charges for the matter and update you regularly.
- If your instructions change or if there are any unusual or unanticipated costs, we shall discuss this with you.
- Our bill we send you will be clear, describe the work done and amount charged.
- We will consider all your comments about our service. If you feel that you are not receiving the service that you hoped for, please tell the person dealing with your matter immediately to help us resolve any issues.
- We may ask you to complete a feedback form at the end of your matter which we will use to help us improve our service.
- We have in place a complaints procedure which is available on request.
- We treat all clients fairly and do not discriminate against anyone because of their age, race, religion or beliefs, sex, sexual orientation or disability.
- We will represent your best interests and keep your business confidential.
To help us provide this service we need you (our Client) to:
- Provide us with clear, timely and accurate instructions.
- Respond to requests for information promptly.
- Understand that we have to follow a strict code of professional conduct.
- Consider carefully and act upon our advice to you.
- Pay our fees promptly to avoid delay with your matter.